I just came home from Tesco where all the front shelves are packed with Mother's Day presents including teddy bears in different size, mugs, candles, cute Pyjamas, alcoholic drinks (I actually appreciate that), cushions and many more a mum these days could only dream of! Or not?
Kids, if you are reading this (I know, highly unlikely) let me tell you what mums REALLY REALLY WANT you to do - and not only on Mother's Day actually:
1. Please pick up the clothes (and cushions oh God!) you threw on the floor a minute ago.
2. Please please please leave your stuff in your room and don't turn the carefully decorated and super stylish living room into a massive soft play area.
3. Give your mother 2 minutes "me-time" in the bathroom so she can pee alone.
4. Please appreciate the food your mother presents for your always hungry little mouths. Or at least try to pretend it's yummy and don't make it so obvious if you don't like it.
5. Just simply tell what's your problem is using actual words. I repeat: WORDS!
6. Let your mum finish her conversation with another grown up. Working from home mums like me don't get many of those...
7. Please stop using your mums' stuff as they were all yours
8. Stop asking Alexa to play some bloody nursery rhyme or any cartoon theme songs.
9. Please stop fighting. Or even better, don't even start!
10. Please go to bed in time without any massive tantrum and please actually fall asleep straight after that. To survive the days mums need some romantic time with your sexy Daddy and they can't be very active if they are tired as a worn out shoe.
Thank you kids.